Things to do in Winnipeg on a SundayPosted on September 23, 2012
Tagged with: Assiniboine Park | Sunday | sunshine | The Forks | the living record | TLRTour | tour | Winnipeg
We are geographically about half way through this tour, through chronologically 2/7ths. Not particularly relevant facts except to say that we are in Winnipeg – a city that has, over the last couple years, become more familiar and dear to my heart with each visit.
The shows have been lovely. Traveling and performing with Scott and Jeremy has been lovely. But on this sunny Sunday morning, this day ahead of us without a drive to another town, this night with no performance scheduled, all I am thinking about, and relishing, is possibility and space. Good thing Jo Anne and Heather gave me this list last night:
THINGS TO DO IN WINNIPEG on a SUNDAY
- fall festival at Sage Garden Herbs
- breakfast at The Felafel Place Corydon. really. you must.
- walk around Assiniboine Park, cross teh bdige to Portage Ave to say you did.
- AND make sure you see the Leo Mol sculpture garden while you’re there
- soak up the sun wherever you are
- drive through Bird’s Hill Park north & east of the city. Look for native prairie. Maybe you’ll even see an endangered Western Silvery Aster…
- The Forks. All of it. The Tall Grass Prairie Bakery. And find some buckthorn tea. Good for what ails you.
I love this list. Here I go.
1 Comment »